Wednesday, November 26, 2008

24th November - Hide the dog biscuits

I spent last night in the house as the wind was so veracious. Sleep is quite difficult in the caravan especially when the raindrops carry rocks in their rucksacks.

So, for the first time I settled down on a luxurious single mattress, all camping style by the fire with a DVD. I was on cloud nine, thought life couldn’t get better. Had come to terms with the spider issue, as I had only seen the one since being back here so I thought it would be a chill out. And God, the wind was a blowing, I thought I had it made. I finally dropped off to sleep after 1am. No worries.

I awoke sharply, at 3.45am by a rustling, I had a lamp left on (for emergencies and because I am a chicken in the dark) my sight was set in the corner where the dog biscuits were in one of those stiff plastic bags. Bach (the dog) sat bolt upright and stared at the same place. It was a mouse, working his way up the bag, about to dive into the open corner.

I have found that mice respond fairly promptly to harsh language.

I believe it's a conspiracy and a test. I must pay a penance for previously living in a house with laminate flooring and central heating.

Next update: How to survive in a stampede of Normandy cows. Well, that's all that's left isn't it?!













I can't catch mice.

No comments: