Monday, November 17, 2008

29th October - Snow hits La Chappelle

All night long I was kept awake by horizontal rain and wind shaking the very bones of my caravan. My mornings are spent checking the damage done overnight, the wind whips across these hills and takes no prisoners as it passes. I must have drifted off to sleep at some point in the early hours, and when I awoke there was silence.

A quick glance out of the window and I could see white fluff building on the ledge. I bolted out of bed and ran around outside like a dizzy school girl. The dogs hadn't seen snow for a long time and weren't sure that they wanted to again. I dashed inside the house to tell my sister and woke her up. We made for the thermometer; 5 degrees inside! This is a picture of the main cottage. Notice the lack of ridge tiles on the roof. This is a work in progress, but snow stopped play!


A few images caught by myself.
The last picture here is of the lane down to farm buildings and other old cottages where our French neighbours relish the tranquility and often lots of solitude.

No comments: